The brick loves many of the History/Discovery/etc Channel reality shows. Myth Busters, all the survival shows, Cake Boss….he loves them. As long as there is no profanity or inappropriate stuff I would rather he watch that than iCarly, Drake and Josh, Total Drama Island or other mindless junk! I figure at least he is learning something. I don’t know if he will ever need to know how to eat a wood grub or that the airbag from a car can be turned into a shelter, but some of the basic nature stuff is pretty neat. That got me thinking about Myth Busters……hhmmmm?? Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Solar Power, Hydropower, and on and on. But is that the real lesson?? I think not! Here it is. The Five things (plus 2 bonus items) our brick learns from Myth Busters.
- Accept Failure—Rarely do you get it right the first time. Take what went wrong and learn from it.
- Go with the Flow – Things don’t always turn out as planned. Sometimes you discover something new or different along the way and you change plans. This can be good.
- Be Creative – There is more than one way to do something and get results. There is rarely one “right” way, but many options. As long as the result is achieved, sometimes it doesn’t matter how we get there.
- Patience – Things can take time. If you put in the time and effort, even if it is hard, you get the reward in the end.
- Academics – Again, physics, engineering, chemistry, biology, and on and on. There is so much science and math discussed, he has to be learning some of it!
And the bonuses (Teen brick and Daddy brick insisted these be included. And, after all, they are why we watch!):
- Buster cannot fly or swim
- That it is really cool to see things blow up!
I know there is more to be added to this list, feel free to leave a comment. I wonder if he will grow up to be a demolition expert. Time will tell…..Until then, happy flying Buster!